Friday, June 16, 2006

Birthday bash

We had a fun day celebrating Shiloh's birthday - and she had fun being the center of attention. The weather did not cooperate for our outing to the pool ... no it was raining most of the day and only in the 70s. I LOVED it ... clouds and all (I think I was created to live in the northwest!) but Shiloh was a bit disappointed.

Nevertheless, we had a fun day. Sometimes I just stare at Shiloh in awe of who she is becoming. She's such a beautiful girl, outside and inside. But there are times I just don't recognize her. She is no longer a baby but a girl. She has changed so much. I love who she is becoming and look forward to seeing just what God will do in and through her.

Steve is in Seattle for four days. Yes, Laura, tonight he and Dave were sitting on the pier, watching the sunset over the water ... eating calamari. No, I'm not jealous. Afterall, I got to go to Phoenix instead! =( Ha!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, Lisa, while they were sitting there by they water, I was sitting and watching "Madagascar" for the umpteenth time with my kids. Almost the same? We are at my parents' house in Dallas, though, so we are doing some different and fun things. I figured if we couldn't be with David for Father's Day, then we should be with my dad. Hope your time without Steve goes quickly!!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Lisa Stucky said...

Glad to hear you away. We're going to a friends this morning and my mom's coming tonight. Tomorrow I lined up a babysitter - just to get a little alone time and avoid some frustration! =)

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so smart. We're getting ready for Scott to leave and I have no specific plans for making this be a great time instead of one I just endure. I need to get mentally ready. I'm sure not right now.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home