Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Being earthly - but not worldly

"Our task, our tension, our balancing act, is to live in the world and not be worldly. To participate in culture - the ways humans organize, the things they make, the possibilities they imagine - without succumbing to the worldly pride and greed that permeates these organizations, things and possibilities. We must be earthly without being worldly." - Nathan Bierma

Sometimes I don't even think I'm earthly. I feel very disconnected from the world - caught up in my Christian bubble world ... and submerged in my own family life. I do hope that this next season of life brings me to a place where I can better connect myself to this world in which we live.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great quote. There is the challenge of engaging with our world and staying intent on meeting the needs of our little families. God has you where He does. The trick is not to wish it away, or just become complacent. Both/and once again. I do look forward to catching up. Are some times better than others for you?

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great quote. There is the challenge of engaging with our world and staying intent on meeting the needs of our little families. God has you where He does. The trick is not to wish it away, or just become complacent. Both/and once again. I do look forward to catching up. Are some times better than others for you?you?

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home