Saturday, April 29, 2006

Feelings, Nothing More than Feelings

If there is one feeling I utterly despise, yet feel often, it's that of discontentedness. Along side that feeling comes frustration and fatigue. Sometimes I just flat out have no idea what end is up. I don't know where I am, where I'm going, or where I've been. This can be true in my walk with God and my personal development. But currently, it's true in my circumstances, friends (or lack thereof) and ministry. I just feel "blah". It's times like this that I feel like my life isn't making a bit of difference and I want to crawl under a rock. I know it's a lie. Yet, I let it get the best of me. Why? If only I knew...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I used to feel that way so much more when I had little ones. I felt like it didn't make any difference if I was at home with them or someone else was taking care of them. After all, anyone can change a diaper, right? But now I am reaping so many more ministry opportunites that I sowed when they were little. They trust me because I have always been the one to take care of their needs. They come to me to answer all those diffficult questions or just to be a listening ear as they make their way through life. So even if every other part of your ministry feels useless (although I'm sure it's not), remember that what you are doing at home with Shiloh and Landon is irreplaceable and vitally important. :-)

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sometimes wonder what God's original intent- pre-fall- was for the deep emotions that sometimes rob us of what we would deem as productivity. Drawing us to Himself seems the obvious one, I suppose, but that's not usually the first place I run. The cleft of the Rock often looks more like my head in the sand.

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sent you an email about the extra blog. Not positive I sent it to the right place since I always "talk" to you here instead. Let me know if you didn't get anything.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home