Monday, April 17, 2006

The tale of 2 holidays

Passover dinner was wonderful! We had 7 cadets, my sister and the 4 of us. Our table was full! Steve did an awesome job with the program and worked in the fulfillments in Christ perfectly. It was a great evening ... and they ate all the food! Next year ... I need to buy more lamb!

Then on Easter - our church combined all 5 services at the World Arena, but it wasn't much different than a regular service. We didn't even sing "Christ the Lord is Risen Today". I was disappointed.

We had dinner with family after church. It was a good meal, but the events that surrounded it left something to be desired. First, it was the tongue lashing for being late! Considering we were the only ones who went to church and they were waiting on us ... they were grumpy when we arrived. Dinner was planned for 1pm, which is nap time for my kids. That was also upsetting for our family, as our kids were not at the dinner table. And my kids held up the Easter egg hunt ... which we did not want to partake in anyhow.

So there was the egg hunt, followed by more candy - grandparents just don't want to accept no for an answer. Maybe yours do - but ours still kept on shoveling in candy, against our wishes.

The entire day was sour. Which of course put a damper on the prior day, which was great! So much for spending holidays with our family. Why must it turn out like this? Especially since it takes the focus completly off the reason the holiday is being celebrated to begin with! Oh well.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer it turned out so badly! I'm glad you had a great Passover celebration to remember from this year. Maybe the sting will wear off from the rest of it, maybe. I look forward to talking to you tomorrow!

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you had a disappointing day. If it's any consolation I did too - I was on the couch with ice on my foot all day (except for church - that was a highlight) I sprained my toe on the couch. A pregnant woman on crutches is not pretty! Joan

10:05 PM  
Blogger Lisa Stucky said...

Joan - bummer! A sprained toe? Go figure ... of all things!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home