Thursday, April 13, 2006

Path of Peace

This was the theme of our women's conference this year. We spent 3 glorious days in Keystone. The weather was perfet, fellowship was great ... and we were given an entire day to spend alone with God! I must say, I've never been to a conference that didn't have a TON of content ... let alone one where I had a day to myself. I usually leave most conferences feeling more tired than before I went. Even though I didn't go into this conference feeling tired and drained, I left feeling even more rejuveinated! It was awesome!

Part of our time with God was a prayer journey in the meeting room. There were 8 stations set up around the room. We were challenged to think through different topics and listen to what God might have to say at each station. I found it so refreshing, I want to share some of them with you.

Losing the Titles
So many times we get our significance by what we do or what titles we carry. Has your identity become wrapped up in a position or title? Have you been too busy lately for quality time with the Father? What has been crowding your affection?

Nail it Down
Are there issues in your life of which you need to let go? Has God been trying to get your attention about something? Reflect, ponder and write down whatever is hindering the intimacy between you and God and nail it to the cross. Allow the Holy Spirit to lay to rest issues only He can deal with.

Visual Remembrances
Where have you seen God's hand in your personal life? Ministry? How do you want to remember Him over this past year? For what are you most thankful?

Yoked to Christ
Walking in the Spirit moment by moment is a lifestyle. God continues to put us in situations in life and in ministry where we have to learn to depend upon the Holy Spirit as a way of life. But do we always do it?

We ended this time with Communion, each person alone with God. It was a powerful time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those! I am SO GLAD that you were refreshed and that the conference was set up to let God do that for you (since a conference can't do it anyhow). What a novel idea!

I am completely spacing when we were going to talk. It was probably yesterday. Sorry I missed you.

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home