Monday, April 24, 2006

The paradox of the sovereignty of God

The sovereignty of God ... a reality that brings peace and frustration to my life at the same time. Knowing that God is completely, totally in control, knows my future, down to the minute detail gives me a feeling of peace and assurance. He's worked it all out, I just have to let Him unfold every day of my life as He wills.

Yet, knowing that He knows and I do not is enough to frustrate me. I wish I knew my future, even if just the next few months. But I do not and He will show me in His time, not mine.

I still have to choose to do what's right and listen to Him so that His soverign plan will unfold - but good or bad choices, He already knows what will happen and is surprised by nothing I do or choose.

So today, I rest in the peace that He knows and plans and writes the script of my life, present and future. Yet, I wrestle with the tension of not knowing anything beyond the immediate.

2 Comments:

Blogger chic[k]pilot said...

Lisa, that is so awesome you blogged about this, we were discussing the very same thing in my Bible study on Sunday! It is definatly something that I have been wrestling with.

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wrestle with the very same thing. I guess in heaven all that tension will be gone. But there are 2 other traits of God that comfort me. One is that He loves me so much, so it is all for my good. The other is that He is all-powerful, so He can cause the things to happen in my life that are for my good. But for some reason I still struggle to relax and take one day at a time!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home