Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A Woman President??

The Parade, in the Sunday paper, ran an article entitled, "Is it time for a woman president? many americans say they are ready to vote for a female candidate." I often think on topics such as this one. The study of feminism is something to which I devote alot of my time. I like reading about the history of women's sufferage. And even moreso, I like to read Christian authors who fall on either side of the camp - traditional and egalitarian.

Those of you who know me well know that I was a feminist when I met and married Steve. Yes, it made for an interesting start to a marriage. Why Steve would choose to marry an androgynous woman - decked out in men's boxers, men's clothing, butch haircut, backward baseball hat, unshaven legs - still remains a mystery to me. Steve was and still is quite traditional. I, at the time, was far from traditional ... in fact back then, I just might have voted for a woman president.

Marriage has been good for me. God has used it to sanctify me in some pretty intense ways! The journey hasn't always been fun - but I like where God has taken me. I have pretty much abandoned my feminist thinking (egalitarianism too) and am more traditional in my thinking now. So now, feminism in any shape or form makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!

I believe that feminism has taken us far from God's created order. Women leading men? Women protecting and providing for the family? Stay at home dads? It's enough to turn my stomach! I am greived by feminism and what it has done to women AND men, our families, our churches and our nation. There's much to be considered regarding women pastors, the TNIV, a female God, homosexual pastors and more! If I can be so bold, I'm repulsed by the very thought of a woman president! I pray I never live to see the day a woman is leading our nation.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been great to watch God move in your life in this area. I wholeheartedly agree with you about this.

P.S. I posted something on the last post from April because my computer wasn't showing these until just now. Crazy system.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home