Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day

Steve is in Seattle - so there will be no celebrating around here. Although it's important that I say how fortunate I am to have Steve in my life and the father of our children. He is truly a great father who loves his children deeply and would do anything for them!

On a more somber note, today I am thinking of my friends, Chuck and LaNell. They have recently lost a son. Sam was in his 20s. His life was taken in a fatal car accident with a moose while driving in Alaska. I just saw LaNell on Thursday and was truly greived for them and their loss. I can't imagine losing a child. That is not the way it was meant to be! On this Father's day, they are grieving - and still celebrating the lives of their 2 other children.

May I truly appreciate the gift of my children, knowing that they are dearly precious. May I savor every moment with them. May I enjoy every day so that the years don't go by so quickly. Today I also pray that I soak in the love of my Heavenly Father. Without Him, I am nothing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a sobering thought on Father's Day. I'm sad for their loss. Treasuring our children is one of God's gifts and one of the things I so easily take for granted or get downright frustrated with! I'm glad for the chance to take a deep breath and be thankful.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet and encouraging words and for your email. I miss you and the kids so much... when i am gone i feel such a deep love for you and am reminded how much you mean to me. you are my life and i dont know what i would do without you and the kids. be home soon!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home