Friday, July 21, 2006

Trying to follow God

Why is it so difficult to follow God? We want nothing more than to be right where He wants us to be. But sometimes it's just not all that clear.

Most of my thought process goes to the fact that God has created us in His image and our purpose in this life is to be conformed into the image of His Son. It's more about "being" than "doing." Yet somewhere in there, it also seems that God also has specific things He wants us to do. This has been our wrestle with God lately ... wanting to DO what He wants us to do. But also wanting to just BE and embrace the journey of being and conforming.

So, here we are at a major crossroads. We know our time at the Air Force Academy is done. We have completed what we came here to do - God has done in us what He wanted to while we were here. So, we stand on the threshold of another chapter of our lives ... awaiting with eager anticipation what He has in store for us.

Meanwhile, the stress of packing and moving has us a bit crazy around here. Not to mention, the challenge of trying to engage with my kids and be there for them - and not just plowing through my list of things to do. There is so much to do ... but my kids need me now more than usual, as their world is being turned upside down and they too are stressed.

So today is a day I've set aside for my kids ... off to Focus we go to play and have lunch out - two of their favorite things to do.

The truck comes on Monday - so until then, we will continue to pack boxes like crazy people until every last thing is loaded on that truck. Thankfully, we have a week after closing to just hang out in Colorado and spend time with our friends and family.

Alas - the chaos of moving is about to end ... and the chaos of getting settled somewhere new is about to begin. We stand on the threshold - may God use our willingness to embrace this new season to work in our lives and further conform us into the image of His precious Son!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa-

I just heard from my parents that you are moving (guess they heard from Roger and Sharon). Anyway, congrats, I am excited to have you guys so close!

Can I help you guys move in or unpack? Just let me know...I am only about 150 miles away.

I've bookmarked your blog....

5:41 PM  
Blogger Lisa Stucky said...

Jeff, good to hear from you! It seems that our plans are changing at a moment's notice. We may not be quite so close - but will indeed be closer! =) Keep reading - as I will tell all soon!

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for guys and any decisions you have to make. I look forward to hearing your plans...

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home