Sunday, June 25, 2006

Rain - Rain - Rain

I can't believe just how much it is raining here! We never get this much rain - or this many cloudy days. I love the sound of thunder and the smell of rain! It's another great day in the arid land of Colorado! =)

God also rained in my heart today! We went to church in Monument today to hear a friend, Andy Landers, lead worship. Andy is a truly gifted and anointed worship leader. Everytime - I am ministered to. It was an amazing morning.

And the teaching.. I've never heard this pastor before - but really enjoyed his teaching. "To live is Christ and to die is gain" was the main point. He wanted us to think on our main reason for living ... and immediately the first thought that came to my mind was, "to glorify God and enjoy Him forever" (The Westminister Catchetism). Above all - this is truly my desire and my prayer... that everything that I do and say will bring glory to my Father. And I so long to enjoy Him - through studying His word, times of worship, reading books, developing myself and soaking in friendships He has blessed me with.

Oh - to live a life that "glorifies God and enjoys Him forever."

3 Comments:

Blogger jody said...

so good to see you this morning. The kiddos are so big and so, so cute.
I'll let you know how the next couple days develop--everyone here is a group of zombies at the moment. :-)

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad God is ministering to your heart even, or maybe especially, in the midst of heart-wrenching decisions. It's all about the journey. I'm praying that God will give you the desires of you heart.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Lisa Stucky said...

Thank you, Laura! Can't wait to see you! I'm looking forward to our coffee date!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home