Saturday, June 24, 2006

Dreamer




I am a dreamer.
I like to dream of places I have been and places I might go.
I often dream about Montana.
It's the one place that I've lived that truly felt like home.
















I lived in Flathead valley for 6 years - with Youth With a Mission.
Most of my spiritual growth took place in that amazing place.
Every day I could, I was out hiking, skiing, biking, running -
enjoying the outdoors and some good alone time with God.
He truly spoke deeply to my soul during those years.

I was a student for a year in a Bible school..
I was then on staff for 5 years - 2 of those years on staff for the same Bible school.
Three years in Montana studying the Bible and it radically transformed my life.

Then I lived in Bozeman for a year with Steve - during our second year of marriage.
It was a great year - just what we needed after a difficult first year of marriage.
We made a ton of great memories there and lifelong friends!

Now, we're living in Colorado Springs and have been here for 5 years.
These past 5 years have been mostly difficult and challenging...
not to mention lonely.
Many times during these 5 years, I have found myself dreaming of Montana.
I dream of the "good years", as I have longed to get out of these difficult years.
Yet amist many challenges and hardships, God has blessed us with our kids.
Two beautiful gifts from God that have also transformed my life.

As Steve and I are faced with some major decisions,
I find myself dreaming of Montana again - my promised land.
But I sense God telling me that He may not give me that again.
He just may have something else beautiful in store for me.
Montana is a beautiful memory - but not a perfect place.
Nothing on this earth is perfect.

I pray that I will be open to God's leading and not hold too tightly to my dreams.
They are after all, only dreams.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful pictures! I'll keep praying for your heart as you sort out what and where God is pointing. It's like David remembering the days of singing and praising in the temple and choosing to praise even when it couldn't be like that. Press on.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Lisa Stucky said...

And sometimes, God just doesn't want it to be "like that" anymore!

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And sometimes, too, going back to a place that was so wonderful at another time in you life just isn't the same the 2nd time around.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home