Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A good quote can go a long way!

I borrowed this quote from Jody's blog, I liked it so much! (Thanks, Jody) I think there are days that most of us feel this way. Nouwen is always good. I love his stuff!

"One of the arguments we often use for not writing is this: 'I have nothing original to say. Whatever I might say, someone else has already said it, and better than I will ever be able to.' This, however, is not a good argument for not writing. Each human person is unique and original, and nobody has lived what we have lived. Furthermore, what we have lived, we have lived not just for ourselves but for others as well. Writing can be a very creative and invigorating way to make our lives available to ourselves and to others.

We have to trust that our stories deserve to be told. We may discover that the better we tell our stories the better we will want to live them." Henri Nouwen

5 Comments:

Blogger Joan V said...

Lisa,
Ok, that clinched it for me. I joined the blogging world. http://joanvandewater.blogspot.com/

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the hint on how to link to you. That had never occurred to me -- duh. But I confess that I haven't regularly read your blogs because you were not just a click away. I know -- how lame is that!? So now I've caught up again. I love the things you write about....you're an encouragement and a challenge at the same time. I appreciate your honesty and transparency, and your heart for the things of God.

I am having a hard time picturing you as the radical feminist you described -- I see you with the quilting hoop, nursing your babies!

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that the right term -- quilting hoop?

6:12 AM  
Blogger Lisa Stucky said...

Yep, a quilting hoop! but it's true. and maybe even more hard to believe, I also used to be a "punk" (dressed in black from head to toe). I'm a woman of many extremes! =)

4:23 PM  
Blogger Lisa Stucky said...

Joan -
you may have guessed, that quote made me think of you! So, I'm glad to hear you've jumped in!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home