Thursday, June 01, 2006

Friends, Coffee, Food, Mountains ... what could be better?

I'm at Montana coffee traders, one of my favorite coffee shops of all time, sipping a french press of "golden aged sumatra". The sun is out (which is not as common up here in the Flathead) and I am alone! =) I sent Steve off for a morning by himself yesterday and this is my morning. Thought I'd buddy up with coffee, my laptop and my Bible. Now that's a good morning if you ask me!

We have had a grand time .. reconnecting with old friends, making new ones. Playing in the beauty of Flathead valley. We even ate dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Mackenzie River Pizza ... and with two dear friends. Cruised around downtown Whitefish at a farmers market and have spent some time walking down by the lake. Sheer bliss! For me, this is about as close to heaven as I can get - those of you who know me well would know this.

Tomorrow we head off to Bozeman to stay with one of our favorite families, the Balians. Their family of 10 children bring sheer joy to our lives!!! Will be there for a couple of days before making the trek back to Colorado Springs.

The cadets have graduated now! Yesterday it was official - all the seniors became 2nd Lt. If you didn't know, that is why we are on this trip - our house is being enjoyed by a cadet family who is in the Springs for graduation. It gives us a good excuse to take a vacation. =)

So, until I return home, have a glorious day ... weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger jody said...

sounds wonderful!!! So glad you are enjoying your time...

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Been wondering how things were going. You look genuinely relaxed. How nice.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home