Friday, May 12, 2006

A bit of silver lining

I feel like I've been in a thunderstorm for a long time now! I've been looking for that silver lining, but it's just not showing up yet. So, I feel the need to paint it myself.

Here's a list of things for which I am grateful and I love deeply.

1. Steve - he loves me deeply and shows it well
2. Shiloh's 1st words of the day, "mommy, come get me."
3. Landon's leg hugs
4. 70 degree days!
5. Mountains - with a trace of new snow (yes, in May)
6. Taking my kids to the park
7. Coffee
8. My sister, who beats a path to see me far more frequently than I go to see her
9. My friend Joan - I love our times together!
10. Hugs and snuggles from my kids
11. Capri pants
12. A bowl of homeade popcorn and a good movie
13. Old friends who come visit when they're in town (thanks, Chet!)
14. Julie - you're always there
15. My parents who love me no matter what!
16. The smell of pine trees
17. Reading books with my kiddos
18. Date nites with Steve
19. Starbucks
20. A good book

Although I sometimes forget all these wonderful things in my life when I'm surrounded by dark clouds - I really do have a good life. I am blessed beyond words!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there girlfriend. Still prayin' for ya (I live in Texas now, I can say that). My heart is hurting with you. Good job choosing to be thankful.

4:59 PM  
Blogger chic[k]pilot said...

YAY for coffee and starbucks! (That's where I am now, hehe) I wish I could be there to give you a hug, they always make me feel better.... I love you!

I found this blog, and she is interesting and funny, I thought you might like it too.
http://www.megsoapbox.blogspot.com/

8:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa Stucky said...

Thanks you guys! I appreciate your friendships!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Joan V said...

Love you Lisa! I'm alsways glad to share in both your good and bad times just as you share in mine! That is what the body of Christ is for and I count you as a dear friend!

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home