Saturday, March 18, 2006

"If you take your glasses off, you won't see the food on the floor!"

I won't deny my chronic problem of perfectionism. But I don't consider it perfectionism when there is food on my floor, I see it and I feel compelled to pick up. However, my wonderful husband would disagree with my denial of perfectionism. He doesn't see the food that I see on the floor. He attributes it to the fact that he doesn't typically wear his glasses, so he can't see it. Which is why it's easy for him to walk over it and not pick it up.

"Why don't you take your glasses off too, then you won't see the food", he exclaimes!

This could be a source of conflict ... but I think he may have a point. And usually, he's right about these things. So, I consider what he says. Maybe I do need to take my glasses off once in awhile. Not only would I miss seeing food on the floor, but I'd probably relax a bit more b/c I don't see it. =)

Being the introspective one that I am, I figure this advice applies to my life on a larger scale too. Sometimes I see things far too clearly. I need to take off my glasses and let life be a bit more blurry. I could use a bit more blur in my world.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So funny that you should be writing about this and you'll see why when you read my post from today. I'm having the exact opposite problem. I guess it goes to show that God will refine you from right where you are to right where He wants you to be. It isn't easier on the other side of the fence. I always think it must be.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa! I didn't know you had a blog. I had seen LisaChar a couple times on Julie's xanga, but I didn't know it was you, because when I clicked on it, there was nothing there..... So now I want to take some time and go read all your posts! Thanks for leaving the comment on my site. I did know about the Velvet Elvis book, but I haven't read it. His church, Mars Hill, is less than an hour from here. Our small group is planning to drive up some Saturday night to hear him.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, girl!! But unfortunately, I don't wear glasses so I can't take them off!

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura, if you put some on they may make things blurry for you. = )

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Julie, great idea!! You know me, I never think outside the box!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Lisa Stucky said...

You guys make me smile! =)

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you got your pic up there little enough!

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home