Monday, March 20, 2006

Wintertime blues

Ok, mistake made - I got on the scale. Two babies in two years, need I say more?! Losing weight gets harder as I get older! I don't think I'm making this up either! Back in the day, I could eat whatever I wanted and not worry about it. Nevermind, I wasn't much of a junk food junkie. It was easy for me to say away from that stuff. But I've developed a love for foods that are bad for me. So, I eat food I shouldn't and I don't exercise enough to compensate!

Why is it that everything that's good for me is so hard to do!?!?!? Eating right, working out ...
I won't even mention the spiritual side of this problem, as there's alot I could say there. So, I'll just camp on this physical problem. And it's still snowing ... and has been since yesterday afternoon. Maybe I should be thankful for that, as I can't wear shorts anyhow. I can hide my body under layers of warm clothes! =)

Here's to spring ... and to my zealous ambition to shed a few pounds. Anyone else want to join me? I could use a work out buddy to hold me accountable.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been on a mission since we got back from Breckenridge -- I've got our son's wedding in California in June as incentive. So I'm really trying to hit it with the old one-two of eating right and increasing exercise. SOOO hard to do, but after a month, I'm beginning to see the tiniest signs of progress. You're right, though, it seems like the stuff that's easiest to do is not what's best for us. Blame it on Eve, I guess!

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't mean to add fuel to the discouragement factor but it has occurred to me lately that this exercising thing is for the rest of my life. I'm grateful to be healthy enough to do it but it's not like you just get into shape and then your set. You actually have to work just as hard to stay there. Sigh.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home