Thursday, March 30, 2006

It's a small world!

My world is indeed a small world. It doesn't take much for me to become completely absorbed within the walls of this house. Steve and the kids ... cooking, cleaning, eating, sleeping ... changing diapers, laundry ... need I say more? Sometimes I forget just how BIG the world is!!! There are days I venture out from this house - my circle of friends give a truly great perspective that I sometime lose. Then there are days I go to Denver - and as I'm sitting in a parking lot of stop-and-go traffic - I'm struck once again by the sheer number of people who live just "up the road from me".

I don't know what I was suspecting when we went to Phoenix, but there were TONS of people! It seemed that everywhere we went, regardless of the time of day, we were in traffic - and lots of it! Denver is 2 million people! C springs is a 1/2 million. I was told Phoenix is nearly 4 million. That's more than Denver and C springs combined!

It's just a good perspective check to see all those people! Tons and tons of people! On the days that I'm home, feeling trapped and all alone I need to remember - I'm really not alone. And someone, somewhere has gone through what I'm going through. Someone can relate to my joys and pains.

Besides, seeing all those people makes me think about heaven ... God ... and His intense love for mankind. There are so many people out there ... so many who need to be reached! As I sit and people watch, I always wonder how many know Jesus personally. How many have lives far more messy than mine. It makes me grateful to have the life I do. I love my life. Can I just say that?? ... I love my life! Goodnight!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get so overwhelmed sometimes just being in a large crowd or sitting on a crowded freeway. So many who don't know Christ and yet God loves them all completely and what He requires of me is faithfulness daily. To see each person as loved by Him. It's a tiny glimpse of when Christ saw the multitudes who were harassed and helpless He felt compassion on them.
And it is amazing how easily we can forget(and sometimes satan works to erase) that we are not alone or the only one going through life with all its joys and struggles.
Wait, this is your blog, not mine! : )

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home